3 HOUR MASTERCLASS
Create Your Breakthrough with This Technique
Stream the recording on demand
Get Instant Lifetime Access for Only $10
Learn how to layer acrylics and oils on your canvas.
This technique will open a world of possibilities once you’ve mastered it!
What you'll learn:
- Learn how to use acrylic as an underpainting.
- Learn how to properly layer oil on top of acrylic.
- When you’re done your work will flow effortlessly, and turn out beautifully!
Why you have to join:
- Acrylics are a great way to begin to map out big blocks of color.
- Layering techniques help you establish the tone of your work, and open up endless possibilities.
- Acrylics and oils can work well together when you know how to use them properly.
What Art Supplies Should You Have?
Below is a very general list of supplies you will need (and some suggestions). You will need a set of acrylic and oil paints. If you are new to oils, or only have a limited amount, then only purchase transparent colors of at least red, yellow, and blue, and one white.
- Transparents for washes and glazing:
- Alizarin Crimson
- Indian Yellow
- Ultramarine Blue
- Phthalo Blue,
- Dioxazine Purple
- Viridian or Phthalo Green
- Add any other colors or substitute transparent color for any other similar transparent.
- Add any other opaque colors of your choice.
- Non-toxic solvents:
- Soythin or Citrasolve, Zest
- Glazing medium:
- Alkyd, Liquin, or Linseed Oil
- Transparent Red:
- Pyrelene, Alizarin, Quinacridone Red
- Transparent Blue:
- Ultramarine Blue, Prussian Blue or Phthalo Blue
- Transparent Yellow:
- Indian Yellow or Hansa yellow,
- Titanium White
- Add any other transparent oils
- Add any opaque oils
A variety of brushes of your choice
About Your Instructors
Elli is the founding owner of Milan Art Institute. For the past 25 years, she has sold her artwork professionally and has sold over 10,000 pieces throughout her career. She has also transformed the lives of thousands of artists from all over the world by helping them find their voice and turn their passion for art into a profession. With her online drawing and painting classes, Elli is a leading voice of the current Art Renaissance.
Professional Artist, Instructor
Dimitra generated over a million dollars of artwork sales by the age of 15. After growing up with professional artists as parents, Dimitra found herself drawn to the transformative power of painting. Dimitra is pioneering a new age of artist influencers on social media, spreading beauty across the entire planet. She is co-owner at Milan Art Institute and passionate about equipping artists to change the world with their art.
Shine Your Art.
Change The World.
We are artists. We are professionals, beginners, and hobbyists. We believe that art has the power to change the world so we build tools that empower and bring artists together. Founded in 2008 as Milan Art Institute, we are now a platform for artists to call home for community, inspiration, and education.